- Use White vinegar and water to clean glass
- For pans that have had food burned onto the bottom, apply a capful of ammonia, fill the pan with water and boil for a few minutes, it will soften all of that up so you don't have to throw out the pan.
Dry or Chapped Lips
- Slather your lips with vaseline overnight to cure dry, chapped lips.
- To keep mosquitos away, use baby oil, they don't like to put their feet in it
- To help stop the itch of a mosquito bite, apply toothpaste (not gel) to the area
- To keep mosquitoes from biting you place a dryer sheet in your pocket
- For bites, apply hemmoroid cream
- For a bee sting, apply baking soda compresses- the soda soothes the sting and draws out the stinger.
- Apply sliced raw garlic, which relieves wasp and bee stings; follow with an ice pack
- A baking soda compress helps a bee sting; if stung by a wasp, apply vinegar to soothe.
- Cut a lime in half and rub over forehead and temples.
- Drink a glass of milk before you go out drinking, and a glass of drink before bed; also eat before you go out.
- Take 2 advil before going out, 2 before bed.
- Eat breakfast the next morning with glass of tomato juice if you have nausea
- To get rid of a wart fast, use nail polish (preferably colorless so it cannot be seen). Wart shoud be gone in a week.
- Another wart remover is to use duct tape on warts on your feet for 7 days...I just heard that one! Also, I just heard that if you go in your yard and take a dandelion and break it open, dab the milk from the dandelion on the wart
- Gargle salt water for a sore throat
- If you cannot sleep, eat spaghetti; it relieves tension.
- Heat up a glass of milk in the microwave and drink
- Use lemon juice in your ear for an ear infection
- Hydrogen peroxide works for me. Drop a few drops in the ear and lean over to let it sink in ( it feels really cool too). It actually feels like it is working. I do this a few times a day and it gets rid of it quickly!
- For ear infections, especially swimmers ear, you can clear it up by putting a few drops of rubbing alcohol into your ear and draining it immediately a few times a day. It's better to do this to both ears after a swim to prevent the ear infection completely. I've had two terrible ear infections and I use alcohol every time I swim now. Do this at the first hint of ache or itchiness in your ear.
- To rid diarrhea, heat a cup of milk in microwave (not to a boil) and drink.
- Drink lots of water for diarrhea because diarrhea dehydrates you; also, eat rice
- For cramps or stomach aches, eat a banana. The pain should be gone in about 10 min.
- Swallow a table spoon of olive oil for constipation
- Eat Fig for constipation
- Another great tip is to take a cup of warm milk and mix a teaspoon of oil or ghee in it
- This helped me a lot, DRINK AS MUCH WATER AS YOU CAN; and eat an apple, that worked for me!